blogography..... blogging+biography... simple enough?

Friday, May 18, 2007

fits ,feni and lots of worry

i don't have any memory of the event i am about to post in this blog entry.
i was about 1 and half years old and we were living in a small flat in porvorim in goa. we were in a secluded region surrounded a cashew nut jungle.
we had some close neighbors and friends there or rather my father did as my mother was still pretty much alone in this crowd. it is part of her nature i guess. she hardly speaks with anyone even now. always reserved and pretty much spent her time watching the new 14" solidaire tv my dad bought or perhaps taking care of me.

my father still says that it was her only pastime.. to feed me put me to sleep and to well. ermm things a baby does, you know the drill ... she has spend her entire life for me.. practically and even now that seems her only aim. to live for me. how can anyone be so lucky i dunno.

There was a group of Nigerian football players who had come to stay in a flat above ours .. and they loved to play with me . i was this fair curly haired cute kid that everyone loved to cuddle and play with. (once again these details are from my parents ) . i used to even speak a spot of konkani then

one of those Nigerian fellows offered me a guava and i ate it a bit.. nibbling on it a while.
the nest day i fell ill, my temperature rose and finally i had a seizure of sorts what we call fits.

there was a great hew and cry my mother worried sick and a local fisherman poured a whole bottle of kaju feni over my head saying it will help me cool down.. my mother picked me up and ran out in her housecoat through the streets of porvorim and took me to the hospital.. well i guess thats one of the things about being a mother. the maternal instincts.. the urge to save your child always makes a woman stronger than she would ever be. great evil fails in front of a mother.. even god.. at least thats how i feel.
till today that incident is the only time i have ever been admitted in a hospital because my mother was always careful with me sometimes a little too careful/ people might call it over pampering or molly coddling but then aren't all mothers a little overbearing???

so after a round of fits a bottle of feni and a lot of worry i was back at home.. with a caution from the doctor , that if i were ever to have fits before the age of 6 i will possibly have it forever.. i am 19 now. and i have no one to thank but my own mother who saved me the trouble of having seizures every time some pain occurs to me or somethign worries me.

its not just my case its a case of mothers and children everywhere. we take our mother fore granted, scream when they get too worrisome , leave stuff around for them to pick up and just leave the house without even looking at them.. even today i kiss my mother good night and good bye..

god forbid... you never know..
for those who read my blog. old or young.. call you mother wherever she is. and just for once thank her.. you never know what difference it might make ... mothers don't need a day..
they don't need a year from UN they just need that one look of happiness on your face..

i salute all the mothers and those who will be mothers someday. god has created you so divine and so pure.

thank you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude ... do write sometimes about your friends...