blogography..... blogging+biography... simple enough?

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

the day i was born......


While she was pregnant,my mother was back in kerala and my father in goa....

Perhaps this is tradition everywhere,that the first baby is born under the supervision of the mother's family..
If this is true everywhere or not ...I donot know..

Perhaps the idea of the woman being with her parents and relatives at the time of delivery has to do with the simple fact that she is more comfortable going through the whole ordeal with the people who raised her and who also underwent the same ritual with her birth ... or maybe its the simple cultural element that states that this must be done...

Well whatever be it, my mother was in the care of her family.


I was expected to be born around 25th december but i had no intention to start out any time soon.
And so finally on 8th january 1988 ( yea i mentioned the year.. whats the deal with hiding your age anyway?? i am not a woman so i don't need to anyway)

As i was saying ,on 8th january, i was cut out of my mothers womb , perhaps without my permission.(Meaning my mother had a ceasarian operation).

Maybe it was better inside as i feel now. I have always had a special attraction to my mother's womb. Even now sometimes i kiss my mother's womb good night as a sign of affection, gratitude, remembrance.....( don't call those mental hospital people) . yes it is wierd. but like they say,
a man should never forget his roots and where he came from...

so where did i come from?????

Very often we find children cut themselves far away from their parents , almost as brutally as the umbelical chord is cut after delivery.

The fact is that in many countries like the U.S, children live under the care of a nanny, or grand parents while their parents work day and night earning money and buying the "luxuries" of the world for themselves and their children. Or the fact that in many countries parents look at children as a liability or as a mistake in their life .It is both saddening and disgusting.

Why bring a child into the world when you can't take care of it??
What does a child need more???
A nice bed time story from his/her parent or the playstation3?

Far too often children are forced to grow up too early, asked to fend for themselves.,live on their own.
On the face of it , it looks quite a better solution. A child that grows on its own ,stands on its feet and runs the world without fear..right???

WRONG... the world might run this child.
This child might be a drug addict, a sex-maniac, a criminal....It is the parent that should be present at their time of need and care for him/her and Nip the bad behaviour in its bud.

If the crime rate in the USA or the rest of the western countries is high, it is simply because they let off their children at barely 14 years of age.
You let them get high on drugs by the age of 16. By 18 you allow them to get married or even have unsolicited relationships.

Crime in India is harldy ever because of bad parenting, the only reason crime exists in India is because there is a lack of awareness or due to poverty.

society makes laws, parents shud teach the law to the child.
society makes criminals , only because parents don't save the children from such circumstances..


I am fortunate to be born to a family that has always put its child above rest of the pleasures of the world. my mother is a house wife and in a way, dedicated her life to my education and welfare. and my father worked day and night bringing home food and money, for the welfare of me and my mother.

Here , I became the gel that held this family together. ..The both of them found a reason to live, moreover a reason to live together.

many a times in future their marriage will come to the threshold of a breakup but even then,I will still remain the single factor that held this marriage.

shud my parents be hailed???
shud i be thankful for what has happened?

These questions i never thought of , when i lay in a crib at the cosmopolitan hospital in thiruvananthapuram, kerala.

With my mother in sleep, and my father far away from me.

What future lay for this child?
What future was the world to have with this child...

Truth is these questions are still unanswered..............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is something unheard of. And looking at the comment u've got, it proves people actually read stuff.... and u're bringing out good facts too.....